Salmon and Trout Recipes
Salmon Steak Kyoto
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon green onion and top, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 4 salmon steaks (2 pounds)
For marinade, combine all ingredients except salmon steaks; pour mixture over salmon steaks in shallow glass baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 30 to 60 minutes. Drain salmon and reserve marinade.
Place salmon steaks in center of lightly greased cooking grate. Cook until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, 10 to 20 minutes, depending upon thickness of fish. Turn salmon once and brush with marinade halfway through cooking time.